If you live in a really congested network area like an apartment complex, you might want to change your Wi-Fi channel to something different than the default to try and get a better signal. Here’s how to do that for Verizon FIOS.
To login to your Wi-Fi router, open up a browser and go to 192.168.1.1 and then login with the password located on the sticker on the router itself. (The username is always admin).
Once you’ve logged in, go to Wireless Settings on the top menu.
And then click on Basic Security Settings on the left-hand side.
Once you are there, you can change the Wi-Fi channel.
If you aren’t sure which channel to change it to, make sure to read our guide on the subject.
For more on configuring your Verizon FIOS router, check out these guides:
- How to Change the Wi-Fi Network Password on Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Change the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) on Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Change the Wi-Fi Channel on Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Set a DMZ Host On Your Verizon FIOS Router
- How to Change the Admin Password on Your Verizon FIOS Router